Thursday, March 16, 2006

wishy-washy, mumbo-jumbo, hoola-baloolas

things have been going slow lately. i have been busy working on my thesis for the past weeks, dodging away from a future responsibility, and finishing off a paper that will be reviewed in a journal. boring huh? that's how one spends life in grad school, well at least for me.

i have been hiding in my humble attic, crunching numbers in my brain cells, figuring out how it is to determine the travel time between two points given the speed of a vehicle. funny i forgot. really i did. and that was supposed to be elementary physics.

then there is this potential work that has been offered to me three months ago. initially i was excited to do it, but the excitement waned when i learned what's in store for me. a week ago my decision was still wishy-washy about doing it or not. what changed my mind, however, was when i had the feeling that 'hey, i have done this kind of work before; i want to do something new'. research work is never supposed to be boring, that's what a self-confessed geek like me would say, but then again how many times can you re-invent the wheel?

i am still wishy washy, up to now.

for the meantime i will be working on my thesis, and at least once a week live vicariously through the movies at the film museum. as of last month, i have had the pleasure of watching kubrick's lolita, lynch's straight story, hitchcock's downhill, and the silent movie version of the original moulin rouge. a few nights ago, it was kurosawa's rashomon on dvd while eating sushi and sashimi. how japanese can one get than that?

and what's this mumbo-jumbo-hoola-baloola pic i got above? it's the thesis i am working on. more about it in future posts. oh, as if you're interested.


listening to: miss saigon ditties and a bunch of other melodramatic blahs...

this is marc's version of the truth, sometime at 1:33 PM if you can't live with it, he can.

0 Comments

Post a Comment

« Home