Wednesday, June 08, 2005

photo moment (for alexie...)

funny what memories a photo can bring. i got to see this picture only today and now i feel the exact emotions of that moment when the camera clicked.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
that's lea, alexie, me (in green, my fave color!) and ando. this was taken in the airport to see alexie off for home last month. my eyes were all puffy from crying that day.

god i miss alexie and her lovable girl attitude! from the first day that we met, it was as if we've known each other for so long. we have almost similar taste in music (sade, d'sound, brand new heavies, incognito), and share the same passion for being there for others. she's such a supergirl when it comes to helping people and seeing to it that they are a-ok. i should know because i have been a silent witness to the countless times she wears her supergirl cape here in brussels. she'll wear that cape with her sweetest smile and crack the most wholesome jokes i have ever heard in my life.

all the cloudy-then-sunny-back-to-cloudy days that i spent here in this cold city with this angel is a learning experience. she taught me to grab items with the "1" logo in gb because it's the best buy, or to go to this shop for this-or-that, while in the same breath she'll inspire me with thoughts from her dissertation or from bill bryson. she's also my french teacher (oui? cava. saging na cava.)

and before i forget, she knows all the bus stops and the nearest metro line to catch! this one should move on top of my list!

haay, that day i made her up for a dinner party was unforgettable!

did i say i miss her? oh, i wish my friend and her love ones the best of everything! as well as lots of luck with the new job and new coffeeshop!



background music: brand new heavies' brother sister
state of mind: don't disturb me, i'm studying

this is marc's version of the truth, sometime at 8:49 PM if you can't live with it, he can.

2 Comments

  1. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 1:06 AM  
    You are the sweetest. Brussels has become the moment that it is because of you! Don't forget our 15,056 cliches and 15 first dates of pita and beer. Not to mention the music of our lives! I'll see you soon in better weather :) ("... anywhere you go, always take the weather with you...")
  2. Blogger Casey Wolf posted at 4:58 AM  
    you have a head!!!!!!!!!!!!

    and a heart, clearly. what a lovely post this is.

    i sympathize, too. my friend mi jin will be going back to korea in a month or two and i will miss her terribly. she is the joy of my year.

Post a Comment

« Home