Saturday, June 04, 2005

my piece of heaven in brussels

i think i found a piece of my heaven in this city. heaven, as i define it in my own small, selfish and egoistic world, is where the cutest geeks hang out! and i found the place, thanks to ate lea and candy of course, in a little corner here in brussels.

the place is called musee du cinema, and tonight they showed one film no self-proclaimed film buff will dare not put down on his list of must-sees: my own private idaho (mopi).

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com

i am a fan of the works of gus van sant, but it is his new films that really appeal to me. my personal favorite is finding forrester, while i also enjoyed good will hunting and to die for. mopi was a-ok due in part to the consumed acting of river phoenix (bless his soul!) and no thanks to keanu reeves. maybe the film intended to use reeves' (in)animated acting to give the film that drunk-druggie edge (whatever that supposed to mean). but that edge was for the 1990s, and after seeing much (sometimes too much) movies branded as avant-this, noir-that, post-modern this, highly-acclaimed that, mopi no longer appealed to me as it could have if i haven't seen films with drug drunkies and sex in them such as joel schumacher's 8 mm, quentin tarantino's pulp fiction, or jose javier reyes' (from my country) "toro" (the bullfighter).

i enjoyed the movie though. and after discovering this place, i look forward to visit again (and again!) my piece of heaven here in brussels.


no calls from him today. hmm....

this is marc's version of the truth, sometime at 1:03 AM if you can't live with it, he can.

0 Comments

Post a Comment

« Home