Thursday, March 31, 2005

some people i know think highschool sucks.

well mine doesn't. not that my college life wasn't good. it was actually fun. but the fun i had in highschool was different, it was "sweet" and "naive" fun.

my closest highschool friends and i reminisced "the days of yore" last month to help me and another friend get by from the depressing winter that a temperate country life can bring. we are sun-soaked kids from the tropics who just can't live without our usual 10-hour sunshine!

and so, we shared our many funny and outrageous memories of highschool life over at our yahoogroup. since i'm a sucker for noting the many "firsts" in my life, as can be read from my previous blog on my brother, let me continue it in this entry.

i like highschool because...

i met my first love and my first heartbreak (funny that it was a girl, but it was indeed love!).

i lighted my first cigarette (and up to now i don't know when i'll light my last one).

i had my first alcohol and hangover (and probably started my life-long love for beers).

i directed my first school presentation (and actually hating public presentations! i now have a bad case of stage fright).

i wrote my first public essay (they called it "editorial" back then, and have since then started my passion for the written word).

i met my friends (and myself along the way).

and of course, i like highschool the most because I CAN GET AWAY WITH ANYTHING!

how was your highschool life?

this is marc's version of the truth, sometime at 8:02 PM if you can't live with it, he can.

2 Comments

  1. Blogger Cecilia posted at 4:58 PM  
    HS was THE best with the best times and memories....

    How was it? hmmm, let me just say, er, sing:

    "And IiiiiiIIII....wanna fall from the star, straight into your arms...." --- Stars by Simply Red. :D

    wink wink
  2. Blogger marc posted at 5:40 PM  
    ugh! knowing the story behind that song for you, i now can't listen to it without giving out a mischievous grin! hehehe...

Post a Comment

« Home