Monday, January 24, 2005

how to end a good nightout

i deny it, but i am a clinger. must be my memory. names would be very hard to remember, but faces and moments cling to me.

last saturday, my social calendar was full. an after lunch date at the city center to meet a new friend celebrating her birthday. dinner with kindred souls. nightout with classmates. all in all, i had a great time.

then the clinging hits me. it clings to me on my way back to my room. my heart keeps thumping to the last beat i was dancing to. flashes of moments of how the day and night went about stream my mind. while in the metro, i close my eyes, bask in the feeling and catch myself swaying.

i say my prayers. sleep comes, sometimes harder than the usual. but it comes.
i smile and close my eyes. tomorrow will be another day.

this is marc's version of the truth, sometime at 11:36 AM if you can't live with it, he can.

0 Comments

Post a Comment

« Home