Thursday, January 20, 2005

i went out to date and met myself along the way

i went out for a date and i had been stressing myself for a week before that fateful night.

my hair's too short. nope, it's too long. fuck this pimple, why now?! scrub. no! let it heal? no time. the date's this saturday! where's my body shop blemish concealer?!

looking back at that week made me realize a few things about my self. one, that my hair is never really too long nor too short. it's just the way it is. two, i always have pimples! and three, i never own a body shop blemish concealer. and three, everything else is illusion.

i borrow the last line from carol king's song.

when i met this guy i dated in the web, he was all cute and charming. his pic made me drool. gawd! i can marry him instantly!

hell yeah. met him. dined with him. goodbye.

he was all shabby! not that i'm not shabby myself, but isn't it that we prepare ourselves when we date out? i'm not conservative, but isn't putting your best foot (and self) forward essential in dating? i prepared myself for this date and here i am meeting someone so unkempt and so into himself! and he liked whiskey!

ha! must be me and my romantic visions of dates and how it should go.

so, eventually it was me who i met that night. another moment to learn something about myself. proves that i am not yet desperate to get my fair share of lay.


this is marc's version of the truth, sometime at 6:08 PM if you can't live with it, he can.

0 Comments

Post a Comment

« Home